Privacy & personal information
You can find most of our information on our website. However, in some cases we may request some of your personal data. If so, this information will be collected and processed in accordance with the law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data and the European Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement after reading it, please contact us:
Rue Ravenstein 3
1. How do we collect your personal data
CINEMATEK processes personal data of every user who buys one of our DVDs or admission tickets, of every person who signs up for our membership or student card, of every participant in one of our competitions and of every person who signs up for our digital newsletters or our magazine. We collect this data by means of online or paper forms which clearly state the purpose of the data collection and your rights.
CINEMATEK may also collect information about you when you use our website or our digital services (e.g. through cookies), or through the integrated social media applications on our website.
2. Which personal data do we collect and why do we collect it?
When you register for a membership or our digital newsletters, to order DVDs or tickets, or to reserve seats or a visit, we may ask you for some personal information:
- If you purchase a ticket from us, we will at least ask you to provide us with your email address. We collect this data in order to provide you with the following services: sending your digital ticket, identification if your ticket is lost, receiving further information about the product you purchased.
- When you purchase a DVD or book from us, we collect from you at least: your email address, your name, your address, your language preference. We collect this information to help us send you the products you ordered, to identify you if something goes wrong with your order and to communicate with you in your preferred language.
- When you subscribe to one of our subscription cards or our paper magazine, we collect at least the following from you: your name, your e-mail address and your address. We do this so that we can be of service to you when you send us your paper magazine, your identification in the event of the loss of your subscription card.
- If you subscribe to our digital newsletters or take part in one of our competitions, we collect your email address and your language preference, so that we can send you our digital newsletters and keep you informed about our competitions. Both in your preferred language.
3. Do we share your personal data with third parties?
CINEMATEK will never share your personal data with any third party or sell it for any purpose, unless you have given us your permission to do so when registering your profile.
Except in the cases listed in this statement and in accordance with the rules and guidelines of all legal provisions, CINEMATEK will never share your personal data with third parties, except when: (a) we are obliged to do so by legal provisions and guidelines, codes of conduct, or by a court ruling; (b) it proves necessary for security reasons.
CINEMATEK will only give some third parties, such as our web developer and ticket partner, access to your personal data if this is absolutely necessary for our services.
On its website CINEMATEK uses user session cookies, persistent cookies, first-party cookies and third-party cookies or may use such cookies in the future. A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit that site. In this way, the website remembers the pages you have visited and your preferences so that you do not have to change them each time you visit the site.
CINEMATEK runs a script on its website that creates Google Analytics cookies in your browser. In doing so, Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address. The CINEMATEK website also includes videos from YouTube or Vimeo. These "embedded players" also contain scripts that create cookies in your browser without storing your personal data.
CINEMATEK does not connect the data of its online visitors with the offline identity or private data of our visitors. If you do not want to allow all cookies, you can change the settings of your browser. For more information, please refer to the 'Help' menu of your internet browser.
If you change the settings and block cookies, certain functionalities on our website will no longer be offered to you and you may not be able to use our website to its full potential.
5. Storage and security of your personal data
Your payment data will be stored within the European Union. For our ticketing system we cooperate with Ticketmatic, a hosting partner that guarantees the privacy of your data. The personal data we collect for our newsletters are stored via our partner Mailchimp. You can adjust these details yourself by clicking on 'Update your preferences' at the bottom of a received mail. You can also unsubscribe from a mailing list by clicking on 'Unsubscribe' at the bottom of any received mail. CINEMATEK will delete the data of unsubscribed persons after a certain period of time.
CINEMATEK will use all reasonable organizational and technical means to ensure that your personal data is safe, correct and up-to-date.
CINEMATEK will take all necessary measures to protect it from loss, misuse, unlawful access and publication. However, Cinematek cannot guarantee that personal data transferred via the Internet will always be 100% safe.
If you would like CINEMATEK to delete your personal profile, you can submit a request via email@example.com. CINEMATEK will then inform you within four weeks after we have received your request that your request has been processed and that your profile has been deleted.